People of all faiths/no faith welcome.
At Calm Abiding Meditation we learn Mindfulness of body, feeling, and thought.
Phil Heang has been teaching Calm Abiding Meditation since 2005 and follows the course designed by Tibetan Meditation master, Lama Choedak Rinpoche.
During the lesson Phil teaches sitting posture and guides you to develop mindfulness of body, feeling, and thought.
There are a series of short, guided meditations during the hour.
WHEN: Tuesday 23rd May 2023 (weekly for 8-weeks – ending Tuesday 18 July 2023)
WHERE: Act for Kids Building JCU Western Campus
COST: $10 per person / per lesson (cash or direct deposit)
PLEASE REGISTER BY EMAILING >> email@example.com
- Bring a warm jacket as air con is cold!
- Bring a meditation cushion and yoga mat / blanket if you have one – otherwise we have some mats and cushions (you can sit in a chair if you prefer)
- Arrive by 5:55 pm to sign in and settle in
- Come along each Tuesday at JCU
- Sign in, upon entry, with your name and phone number (it’s a building regulation we are required to do)
Directions on how to get to Act for Kids building at JCU are below.
- Act for Kids Building – 1 Endeavour Road, JCU Western Campus
- Building 245 on map >> https://maps.jcu.edu.au/campus/townsville/?location=500
- Enter JCU through the Main Entrance from Angus Smith Drive
- Turn right at Buchan Road (about 100m from main entrance)
- See football field on the right – follow this till you get to a ‘Give Way’ sign at the intersection of Buchan Road and Endeavour Road
- At Give Way sign, continue straight ahead across Endeavour Road and the Act for Kids building is immediately on the left (Building 245 on map)
- The car park is directly outside the building
If you have difficulty finding the building my phone no. is 0448 401 066
Look forward to meeting you.